On Thursday the 23rd of November the Bekader Thesis Awards 2023 were held. In the inspirational and historic halls of the academic building of the University of Utrecht we were treated on a set of the finest research projects our master programmes have produced the last academic year. The topics presented by the finalists were as interesting as they were diverse. After all finalists presented themselves and their research the audience voted on their personal favourites which led to a very nerve-recking closure of the night and the following outcomes.
The Business Administration results are:
- Lotte van Dijk: Unintended Outcomes of Artificial Intelligence in Online Advertising.
- Yuka Yanagawa: How can businesses reframe insects as food? A case study of a restaurant in Berlin.
- Nathan de Bruijn: Exploring new procedures to deal with time-varying relationships in forecasting: A study in the context of forecasting youth unemployment with Google searches.
The Industrial Engineering & Management results are:
- Josien Mourik: Reducing unused medication at Isala Zwolle by redistribution
- Rutger Habets: Sweet Inventory Management: An Optimization Study of Perfetti Van Melle's Inventory Policy in Vietnam
- Jaap Beltman: Developing an Early Warning System for Retail Customer Deterioration: A Data-Driven Approach
The night was finished by a drink were everyone could discuss and recover from all the intellectual excellence.